C Visa For Foreign Crew Members

2015-06-15 dalianlaowai dalianlaowai

The Chinese mainland C Visa is issues to foreign crew members (eg. those working on aircraft, trains and ships), or motor vehicle drivers engaged in cross-border transport activities, ot to their accompanying family members.


To apply for a C Visa, the following information must be handed-in at your nearest Chinese embassy, consulate or (in some countries) official visa processing center. You might get help from your airline company to provide these documents:

  1. Completed visa application form.

  2. One recent passport-size photograph with white or blue background.

  3. Original, signed passport (withat least six months before expiration).

  4. Evidence of previous Chinesevisa (if you have previously received a Chinese visa).

  5. Money for visa application fee.

  6. Application letter submitted by the airline or shipping company.

  7. Original copy and photocopy of the applicant’s crew ID.

Note: Application forms for visas and authentication or notarization can usually all be downloaded from the websites of the Chinese Embassy and Consulate General in your country, or collected from the visa section in person.


1. Up to 90 days for single entry.

2. Up to 180 days for double entry.

3. Up to 730 days for multiple entry.

Maximum stay per entry in China: 10 days. Two-year crew visas are only available to crew members from United Airlines, American Airlines,Northwest Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, FedEx, and Polar AirCargo. One-year crew visas are only available to crew members from GE.

Remember that ‘validity’ just means how long you have to attempt to enter China on that visa from the day it is supplied, not how long you can actually spend in the country.


Yes, up to 30 days


With this visa, it’s not possible to find or do any job in China.

Follow Us

Wechat ID: dalianlaowai

Instagram: dalianlaowai

Website: www.dalianlaowai.com