F Visa for "Non-Commercial" Visits

2015-06-15 dalianlaowai dalianlaowai

China’s F Visas are issued to people who are visiting the Chinesemainland for the purpose of exchanges, study tours and similaractivities. Note that this is not the same as the L Visa, aka the“Tourist Visa”.


To apply for an F Visa, the following information must behanded in at your nearest Chinese embassy, consulate or (in somecountries) official visa processing center. If you are travelling on behalf an organization, the organization need to take care of these documents:

  1. Completed visa application form.

  2. One recent passport-size photograph with white or blue background.

  3. Original, signed passport (with at least six months before expiration).

  4. Evidence of previous Chinese visa (if you have previously received a Chinese visa).

  5. Money for visa application fee.

  6. Original copy of visa notification/invitation letter from relevant authority, company or institutionin China.

  7. Covering letter from applicant’s company or office.

  8. Confirmed return flight ticket(original and and photocopy).

  9. Hotel booking information.

Note: Application forms for visas and authentication or notarization can usually all be downloaded from the websites of the Chinese Embassy and Consulate General in your country, or collected from the visa section in person.


1. Up to 90 days for single entry.

2. Up to 180 days for double entry.

3. Up to 365 days for multiple entry.

Maximum stay per entry in China: 30 days

Remember that ‘validity’ just means how long you have to attempt to enter China on that visa from the day it is supplied, not how long you can actually spend in the country.


Yes, it’s possible to extend.


You cannot work in Mainland China using this type of visa.

Follow Us

Wechat ID: dalianlaowai

Instagram: dalianlaowai

Website: www.dalianlaowai.com